Monday, January 30, 2012

Moving My Blog

movingblogtowordpressI finally took the plunge, and will be moving Thrifty Momma Ramblings to Wordpress this week. I am so excited and nervous about the move. It will take me a few days to have the blog designed the way I like it. You might see the blog design change a bit this week into week. I am having it professionally moved as it's a big undertaking. I just do not know enough about coding and such to move the blog myself without screwing something up and stressing myself out. I found a wonderful service that will do it for me plus set it all up for me for a very low price.

Once the move is complete, then I will let everyone in on the great service I found. I will be very busy for the next few days, and my next post will be on my brand new shiny site! I just wanted to update you guys as I'm not leaving, but just moving to make the blog better than ever. I have a great giveaway scheduled for the end of the week that you won't want to miss.

11 comments:

Small Town Mommy said...

Good luck with the move! I did that a few years ago and it was stressful but it worked out smoothly. I hope yours does as well.

Sparky said...

Not to worry, I just moved my LINUX blog recently and everything went without a hitch, It was stressful the first few days but after a lot of reading I learned the essentials, I am still learning the whole wordpress thing, Good luck

Rose Clearfield said...

Good luck! I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Peter Lee said...

Good luck to you Bonnie. I moved mine 2 months ago by myself, it was fun and a great learned :)

Mike Golch said...

if you are moving it and you have it as a.com instead of .wordpress you will be able to keep your entrecardf widget.

The Hawg! said...

Self hosted Wordpress is a wonderful thing, indeed. I started First Arkansas News on my own server space on Wordpress almost two years ago and love it.

Dawn Conklin said...

Cool! It will be the same domain I am guessing? Hope all goes well and I will see you there :)

Mona said...

goodluck looking forward for your new blog =)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. Yes I already own my domain name (no blogspot) but I didn't want to lose any backlinks or PR so having someone do it professionally for me ensures I will retain all of my google SEO and readers.

unikorna said...

wow good luck Bonnie, I shall follow you anywhere since you;ve become one of my favorite bloggers. Kisses and keep me updated please.

Frank Zweegers said...

You can't go wrong with wordpress :) Excellent choice.