Monday, May 19, 2008

When It Rains It Pours.

This past week has been a very hectic one. I'm just glad it's over. Last Tuesday my hubby's battery died in his truck so we replaced it. No biggie. Then Thursday evening the A/C decides to stop working. It's getting hot here in the deep south. Luckily we have ceiling fans in pretty much every room in the house. The repair man comes over Friday and fixes it less than 5 minutes. It felt great having that cold air again. He isn't charging us for the repair. So that was wonderful news.

My hubby calls me at lunch saying his glasses snapped in half. So poor baby has them taped with electrical tape so it looks pretty bad and a little funny. His right lens had also popped out. Of course we don't have a back-up pair. Then our carpenter cancelled for the weekend so we have to wait yet another week to finish our porch remodel. I wasn't too upset b/c we really need to finish it painting which we did. Hubby got his eyes checked on Sat. and we ordered him 2 pairs from ZenniOptical.com and I paid $70 for 2 pairs of memory titanium frames. These frames are bendable and titanium is supposed to be the new great material that is lightweight and last longer than stainless steel. I'll give an update when we get them. It was just one thing after another this past week.

2 comments:

BreezeyB723 said...

I am so glad i read this! I had NO clue you could order eyeglasses online, this is the best news i've gotten all day :) Thank u!

Unknown said...

So glad I could help. I need to post an update to this site.