Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I LOVE CVS!

This is by far one of my favorite stores to shop, and I also get a lot of great deals. I went on Sunday and got the freebies for the month of June plus a couple of deals for the week. Here is what I got:

5 packs of CVS Q-Tips (500 count)
2 packs of CVS Band-Aids
2 Listerine Smart Rinse Mouth Wash
3 Dove Deodorants
3 Colgate Brand Spongebob Toothbrushes
1 Colgate Advanced Whitening Toothpaste
1 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste
2 packs of Basic Paper Towels
2 packs of Duracell Batteries

I also did several transactions. I could have saved another $8 but I haven't gotten any of those $4/20 or $5/25 coupons in months. I had a $3/10 CVS brand purchase plus got $10 ECB for the Q-tips and band-aids were free after ECB. I had $1 off coupons for the Dove, $1.50 for the toothpaste, 75 cents for the toothbrushes, $1 for the mouth wash, and $1 for the batteries. I paid a grand total of $18.67 in 4 transactions for everything. I also have a $3.49 Rebate for the Listerine plus $22.00 in ECB's for the next trip. Once I get my rebate then I paid a little over $15 for almost $90 worth of items! I'm still very proud of my totals and most of them were $2 or cheaper. I also try to go in first thing in the morning so it's pretty empty and I don't have a huge line behind. The cashiers are so friendly and always shocked to see how well I do. One of them even asks for me tips. This is one of the many ways I help to stretch our dollars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can almost see you digging you into the pockets each time you browse for an item. stretching the dollar, we hate to admit it, but we do that all the time.

Annabelle said...

Great post. I also love CVS and go there quite often. Today, however, I'm going to Walgreens because they have a $5.00 off $20.00 purchase coupon on www.Walgreens.com website. Check it out.

Kathleen Marshall said...

I agree, I LOVE CVS!!! We got about $113 worth of stuff for $11 the other day. CVS is always our best shop each week. I have managed to stockpile quite a bit of stuff this way. :)

I am a little fed up with our Walgreens though. It seems that the sale stuff is never there until the day after the sale. Anyone else have that problem?