Friday, June 13, 2008

A Rebate & Coupon Chat

Another way I use to S-T-R-E-T-C-H my dollars is using coupons and rebates. Now granted buying store brand or using an alternative is cheaper, but there are many times I can get name brand for either Free or much cheaper than the store brands. If you can then why not. Another really great tip is not to be brand loyal. I do have certain brands I like more than others, but trying new brands can help save money. There are times that I liked the other brand more than my usual fave. I don't buy too much convienance food or condiments. They aren't healthy and it's usually cheaper to make your own scratch version. This is just something I do, and I don't have access to really great supermarkets like Kroger's, Albertson's, Save-A-Center, and many more. I have 3 local family owned stores and a Super Wal-Mart. So not a lot of choice but I still manage to do pretty well, but no double coupons except for Fred's Dollar Store. They are only up to 65 cents and 1 coupon per item. I find I save more with CVS and Walgreens.

So where do I get all these coupons other than the Sunday paper? I buy certain coupons off ebay, I post on coupon forums, and other coupon clipping sites where you pay for their time to clip them. You can also trade them on these coupon/rebate sites. There are lots of sites but I have a few sites that I like to frequent and get coupon previews so I know if I should bother buying the paper or save my money. I also get coupon inserts from the paper recycling bin. It's easy access (no digging in dumpsters or climbing) and free for anyone. I take a couple which are usually right on top when I'm dropping off my papers already. It's right down the road from my house. I can't always count on it, but I usually get extras each week. Some stores will even give you the coupon inserts on old papers if you ask. This will depend on the store and area.

I don't save hundreds of dollars off a single shopping trip, but I do save enough to make it worthwhile. To save the most is to combine a rebate with a coupon. Walgreens and CVS will allow you to use one manufacturer coupon along with one store coupon per item. I also shop at Rite-Aid and do their rebates each month. It's a great way to earn some free stuff which I also use as presents or donate the extras. Listed below are some great websites and just copy/paste the links into your browser. Enjoy!

http://www.mycoupons.com/boards/

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/index.php

http://www.fatwallet.com/

*This is a great coupon clipping service. They are fast and have a great variety.

http://thecouponclippers.com/

*This is an online site or you can also join to get a paper subscription but I am a member of the online only. Lots of great deals/info posted here.

http://www.refundcents.com/

3 comments:

Annabelle said...

Great tips, and I'll check out your links.

THANKS!

Sara said...

There are also sites where you can print free grocery coupons at home. www.couponsuzy.com and www.couponbug.com are two good ones. The best part is they are totally free, you can track your savings online, and you can sign up to have coupons emailed to you each week.

Anonymous said...

Get with the times! Coupons on Twitter - a live feed:

http://twitter.com/couponland