Tuesday, August 26, 2008

TMR Frugal Living Tip #28

Today's thrifty tip is make your own baby wipes. Some people even use soft terry material, and sew them into small wash cloths. I think French Terry is a great material to use. This is softer when wiping baby's bottom, and just throw them in the same bucket you use for your cloth diapers.

I actually made my own using a homemade liquid mixture and paper towels.
Start with your paper towels and cut the roll in half, and then remove the inside cardboard. I used a baby wipe container that was washed out. Any plastic container with a good seal is fine. You will want to wash it out once it's empty.

Liquid Mixture: (Many variations)
2 Cups Boiled Water (cooled)
2 TBS Baby Shampoo
1 TBS Oil

Then mix in the container and put the paper towels in container (cut side down). Make sure you seal it well, and turn container upside down for about 10 minutes. This ensures it saturates the paper towels.

There are so many variations. Some people use almond oil, olive oil, or baby oil. This is what is great is that you can use what makes you comfortable. I recommend Viva since they are the softest and very strong. I could get a roll on sale with coupon for 25-50 cents. This is much cheaper than store bought wipes, and I also liked there were no harsh chemicals.

0 comments: