Tuesday, October 21, 2008

He Gets It!


I am so proud of my hubby. He was at the store the other day and came across many great Lego sets that were being clearanced. He bought these for less than $40 total! The 2 big sets were $8 each and were originally $40 sets! The others were $2-6 each. He also found about 8 more small Bionicle sets for $2-3 each and a couple for $5. He bought 18 sets for $75! I'm so happy that he can sniff out a great deal. It's mainly limited it to toys and Lego sets, but hey it's a great start. These will be great for Christmas and his birthday which is about 2 weeks apart. My mom bought a couple of sets to give. I also shop for other relatives to save them time and money. I'm just so glad that my husband loves to shop clearance sales and save us money. We saved over $200! Now is a great time to buy clearance toys since the stores are making room for the new ones for Christmas. Happy shopping!

14 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow that's a great find! I'm going to have to start keeping an eye out.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome deal. Was the store perhaps Walmart. I am always looking at the clearance racks, to see what good finds I can get.

Unknown said...

Why yes he did. The clearance stickers gave it away right? :)

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

Rock on! I am searching WM today!

Anonymous said...

Yea for the Hubby!!

Erin Tales said...

you have an award at themombuzz.com!

Kateedyd said...

WOW!!! That was a fantastic find! I remember hunting those down and spending a fortune when my ds had to have them. His birthday is roughly 2 weeks after Christmas too...buying all at once isn't always as fun as it sounds since I can never find enough places to hide things. LOL

Cheap-o said...

I have been tagged and you are next! See my blog....
http://cheapostory.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

oh how my boys loved Legos, great find!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Now instead you finding all the great deals - hubby is pitching in! That was an awesome deal! I saw Kohl's was having a 50% off toys sale a week ago, but completely forgot about it! Ugh! Congrats!

Blogger said...

That's a great deal on the Bionicles.

I just went to Marshall's yesterday and got my 4 year old 3 nice toys for a pretty good price. I am trying to get her done now because w/this economy who knows if I will have any $ this Christmas! Now, the 13 year old...yikes, all he wants are expensive sports jerseys! Like $150 ones...that's crazy!

His bday is ON Christmas, too...and then hubby's is on the 29th, it's so crazy here in Dec!

Found you via Entrecard :)

Bella

Blogger said...

lol, I just read my comment, I said 'get her done' trying to be funny....and it sounds like my 4 year old is a girl, but he's a boy, lol. That's what I get for trying to steal someone else's material ;)

Carrie said...

That was a great deal! My son, too, used to looovve bionicles, but outgrew them, now he's 16! It sure was easier to buy for him before he became a teenager, lol!
Anything I Think About
Surgical Nurse Musings
Time Keeps on Flying

Unknown said...

What a great deal! I will have to check Walmart clearance without my guy. My middle guy will be 6 in November and he is a lego-maniac.

Your hubby has a great eye, what a keeper! LOL