Monday, February 9, 2009

TMR Frugal Living Tip #59

Today's thrifty living tip is declutter. Clutter makes your life unorganized, looks messy, and makes your life expensive. What I mean is if you can't find that certain widget you know you own, then you waste time finding it. You might also buy another widget since you can't find it. This happened to me last year at Thanksgiving. I couldn't find a pastry cutter so I bought another one at the store for $5. I later found one that I couldn't find so I now own two. I actually plan to use the one I already have, and have stored the other one in a place that I can now find it if I need it one day.

This happens very often to people. It's money wasted as well as time. I try to declutter at least once a year. You can either sell or your stuff online like ebay, Craigslist, an ad in your local paper, or at a yard sale. I also like donating some of the clutter to my local church and women's shelter. I usually don't have enough stuff to justify a yard sale so I prefer to just give most of it away. This way I can help others in need.

0 comments: