Friday, April 24, 2009

Another Remodeling Project Completed

I'm remodeling our house using cash only and no credit. It's taking us longer but it's more satisfying knowing that each completed project is paid for upfront. I won't have to worry about making monthly payments on them for the next five years. I completed our kitchen project last fall, but I don't think I ever posted the pictures on this blog. We spent around $800 which included getting the ceiling cracks fixed and painted, new light fixtures, and painting the walls. It was an amazing transformation, and it was an inexpensive project. I'm still not completely finished since I still need a new kitchen floor. I also want to add a wall and base cabinet next to the stove which will give me a nice area for prep work when cooking. I can also store all my spices, baking staples, and some cookware plus my kitchen knives. By adding that one set of cabinets, then I will have more cabinet space again.

My other remodeling project we completed a couple of weeks ago was my utility room. It also had deep cracks in the ceiling and down one wall. You would never know there were ever any cracks. It looks fabulous and got a great deal for the amount of work done. I'm extremely happy and another inexpensive remodel. She not only fixed the cracks, caulked everything, painted the ceiling plus my walls. She even pulled out the washer and dryer and painted behind them plus my old wooden door. Everything looks so clean and new. I'm definitely going to use this company when it's time to paint my house. Our next project is converting the porch into a carport. We should be able to start it either next week or the following week. Of course the worst part of remodeling is waiting on the contractors.







1 comments:

Martha A. Cheves said...

It looks beautiful. I wish I had your energy to tackle remodeling jobs. My condo really needs it bad.
Martha