Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TMR Frugal Living Tip #74

Today's thrifty living tip is instead of using an expensive makeup primer, you can use Monistat Chafing Powder-Gel. You read this correctly Monistat. Well I will say it has nothing to do with yeast, and it's a powder made for when you chafe. I was skeptical at first as I have used MAC primer which is wonderful. I never tried Smashbox, but I know it's another very popular makeup primer. I found it at my local Wal-Mart for $6.37 plus tax, and I read that it will last for at least a year. You don't use much as in the size of a dime. Trying is believing and it really does work! I live in very humid south Louisiana and if the heat doesn't melt off your makeup then the humidity will. My makeup still looked wonderful at the end of the day especially my eye makeup. I couldn't believe how well this stuff works and for a fraction of the more expensive primers. I also have oily skin but my face doesn't look like an oil slick at the end of the day. My foundation went on flawlessly and it just feels nice. The reason it works so well is that it contains dimethicone which is the same ingredient that the other expensive makeup primers use. Some people say it can be hard to find and not found in Canada.

0 comments: